As I might not have attracted anybody for some help with graphics, I decided to kick-start some design in order to learn what I’m working with and what constraints apply.
This is really a steep learning curve to be honest. The first set of objects I created to reproduce the look and feel of a location I saw in Lure of the Temptress (see below) proved to be usable for some experimentation but not good to proceed with a final design.
The main reasons is that I designed my objects on a PC rather than a native paint program so that I did not limit myself with the amount of colours I used at the edges of the objects. Anyway, here’s the outcome of my messing around:
Here are my new objects:
Again, this was good experience, but I am afraid I have to find a better strategy to pixelate the graphics before importing them into I2012 as that’s a critical activity.
Hopefully my future experience will be useful to others one day 🙂