C64 Dither 2: more development

While reviewing the dithered cover of Monkey Island 2 Special Edition, I noticed that one of the areas is not quite what I expected from the conversion process. I went back to the code today and very briefly I found out that the weights I used for 2 colours were not what I expected. After changing these weights I got improved results in the area I was concerned about, which was a quick win for me, but that’s not the only thing here.

C64 Dither 2: weight changes by Luigi Di Fraia

C64 Dither 2: weight changes

I decided to compute these weights upon each dithering rather than having them set up statically based on experience and expectations. I also decided to have them defined locally rather than globally for the whole picture.

Again I managed to give myself more work it seems 🙂

This entry was posted in Pixel Design, Retrocomputing, Technical and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s