Turrican filename extractor coded too

Today after work I ended up replacing the broken motor belt of my C2N. In order to test it I decided to try dumping Turrican with DC2N4 USB serial, which worked great:

DC2N4 USB serial client

DC2N4 USB serial client

From there I decided it would be great for the DC2N4 client to be able to extract the filename out of Turrican header files. A couple of adjustments to my code for Turbotape 250 and c’est voilà: the Turrican filename extraction utility is ready.

Here’s the output while running it through my latest dump of Turrican converted to TAP:

find-turrican-name.exe -a turrican01.tap
Turrican filename extractor, rel 1.0 - (C) 2015 Luigi Di Fraia.
FOUND (001): "PG"
FOUND (002): "ME"
FOUND (003): "FT"
FOUND (004): "LA"
FOUND (005): "SA"
FOUND (006): "LB"
FOUND (007): "SB"
FOUND (008): "LC"
FOUND (009): "SC"
FOUND (010): "LD"
FOUND (011): "SD"
FOUND (012): "LE"
FOUND (013): "UE"
FOUND (014): "LF"
FOUND (015): "SF"
FOUND (016): "LG"
FOUND (017): "UG"
FOUND (018): "LH"
FOUND (019): "SH"
FOUND (020): "LI"
FOUND (021): "SI"
FOUND (022): "LJ"
FOUND (023): "SJ"
FOUND (024): "LK"
FOUND (025): "SK"
FOUND (026): "LL"
FOUND (027): "SL"
FOUND (028): "LM"
FOUND (029): "SM"
FOUND (030): "EN"

I will integrate the new code into the DC2N4 GUI client as soon as I get a chance 🙂

This entry was posted in Retrocomputing, Technical and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s