Initial implementation of the MSX Tape scanner in TAPClean

Tonight I managed to start the implementation of the MSX tape scanner in TAPClean in order to validate files and extract data from them.

For the time being I added support for Header files with extraction of the filename. I plan to add all three known Data file formats (with IDs 0xEA, 0xD3, and 0xD0).

Stay tuned as I shed light on another piece of tape history that can now be automatically examined and preserved with confidence 🙂

This entry was posted in Retrocomputing, Technical and tagged , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s