Here’s an overall picture of the main devices in the DC2N family along with the media they use.
From left to right and top to bottom:
- DC2N with an SD Card,
- DC2N2 with a micro SDHC,
- 2 x DC2N3s with a USB flash-drive,
- DC2N4 and DC2N4-LC with a USB cable, and
- DC2N5-LC with a micro SDHC.
I also thought to put down a few dates around the development of those devices:
- DC2N: development started in late 2006,
- DC2N2: development started in 2013,
- DC2N3s: development started in 2010,
- DC2N4 and DC2N4-LC: development started in 2011 and 2015 respectively, and
- DC2N5-LC: development started in 2015.
As you can see DC2N2 was started after DC2N3 and DC2N4 were already mature projects. The reason is that I wanted to address a few limitations of DC2N without changing the concept/architecture too much: hence I reserved version 2 for such effort (due to occur at a later time) and moved from version 1 to version 3 instead.