SPUTM-like interpreter (a.k.a. SCUMM mock-up) update: re-encoding sprites

I decided to re-encode sprites in preparation for using them with a zone-split multiplexer. The issue I am having with the sprites I had made for Guybrush is that I am using two expanded sprites in order to save some memory. That has at least two side effects:

  • it makes sprite clipping less intuitive
  • it makes the multiplexer less intuitive

Not a big deal really. I just have to re-use my tools to encode the lot differently.

About Luigi Di Fraia

I am a Senior DevOps Engineer so I get to work with the latest technologies and open-source software. However, in my private time I enjoy retro-computing.
This entry was posted in Pixel Design, Retrocomputing, Technical and tagged , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s