I am finally able to provide an up-to-date GTK+2 runtime for all versions of Windows (32 and 64 bits) along with updates to a number of my applications. The installer was created along the lines of Alexander Shaduri’s Windows installer for the GTK+2 runtime that was maintained by him until GTK version 2.24.10, which is the version suffering incredible memory leaks around graphic operations.
Not only that, but I now also have means to provide future versions of the runtime, sourced from the MSYS2 project. This is as good as it gets, to be honest 🙂
So here’s some material to start with, again it only applies to Windows users of my applications:
- verify if the GTK+ application you are using is one from the list at point 5 below: if it’s not, feel free to ask me for a refreshed version before proceeding further;
- delete all versions of the GTK+ runtime that you have been advised to install prior to installing any of my GTK+ software;
- delete all versions of the GTK+ applications I distributed in the past (this is quite important too!), including those bundled with a GTK runtime;
- install the GTK+2 win32 runtime that you can download from here;
- reinstall/replace the GTK+ application you were using before with the refreshed one from the list below:
If you would like a DC2N4-LC GTK+ GUI client refresh, please get in touch and I will arrange for that to happen.