TAPClean Front End update

Today after work I made a change to TCFE in order to produce IDX data for tape compilations so that individual titles can be fetched during TAP playback.

For the time being the change is part of the “TAP split” tool: upon analysing a TAP file for split points, the details of recommended split points are summarised as IDX data.

As example, for one of my TAP file compilations TCFE produces:

Split offsets as IDX entries:
0x14		GAZZA'SOCCER
0x818C9		AFTER THE WAR 1
0xFF526		AFTER THE WAR 2
0x17C4AB	FREDDY HARDEST
0x1F55C0	VIDEO POKER
0x26535E	S.MARIO BROS 3
0x2E0D94	ROOTER
0x3432E0	REAL STUNT EXPER

This is what I had manually put together myself for the same tape:

0x14		Gazza's Superstar Soccer
0x818c9		After The War (Part 1)
0xff526		After The War (Part 2)
0x17c4ab	Freddy Hardest
0x1f55c0	Video Poker
0x26535e	Super Mario Bros 3
0x2e0d94	Rooter
0x3432e0	Real Stunt Expert

Therefore, the summary provided by TCFE in IDX format only requires minimal post-editing, if any is deemed necessary, for being used in the field.

Not only that, but I also changed TCFE so that split points are also recommended at the start of a Turbo Tape 250 header. Yay 🙂

This entry was posted in Retrocomputing, Technical and tagged , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s