To my surprise, this evening I checked on eBay and found out that the display module I used for my first batch of DC2N5-LC is available again, although the price went up by 2 GBP, to a total of 5.41 GBP per display 😦
In order to verify whether or not such module is really compatible with the one I used in my original design, I decided to order 5 pieces. Worst case, I can use these for something else.
If these modules are indeed compatible, I might get a few more DC2N5-LC PCBs manufactured and make a few DC2N5-LC DIY kits available.
I am also still waiting for some feedback from the girls who have a working design for a 3D-printed case for DC2N5-LC: that would probably motivate me to go for a small new batch of devices as I would not need to carve the enclosure myself, which is something I am not looking forward to.
If you are interested in knowing how this all is going to go, then do pop back here every now and then for updates or feel free to email me once a month on the subject.
I reckon it might take some time before the new displays arrive so I would not set my expectations too high just yet.