After having extended the IECHost firmware to add a “turbo format” option based on “Format II”, I decided to do some regression testing.
I noticed I was having some issues on my oldest PC with the disk restore option, but I am not yet sure what the root cause is. It might be the fact that the USB bus is quite old and I have multiple peripherals connected to it. The PC itself has also been slowing down recently, so I thought to move the regression testing onto my newer PC running Windows 10: I have been getting reliable results ever since.
In fact, I even tried to put the “interleave” value back to 3 for disk restoring purposes and it was still working reliably all the time, saving about 3 seconds in the process: roughly 32 seconds to copy a D64 back to a physical disk.
I am not sure whether to publish the client software with this change to the interleave value or not for now. I’ll probably share it with my beta testers first to get their feedback: just give me a shout if you are a beta tester and interested in helping out.