The feedback on the IECHost GUI client for mass-dumping purposes has been patchy: I got bits and pieces in terms of feature requests but haven’t managed, among other things, to get hold of Graham (the author of WarpCopy64).
Therefore, I decided to merge-in a different development branch of my code and publish an updated version of the IECHost GUI client ahead of Easter, for generic usage.
Users will need to update their firmware, using the Firmware menu, in order to be able to benefit from a few of the new features as per screenshot below:
In release 2.8 the whole Tools menu has been added, which is a sort of feature bucket where I am currently putting all features that would otherwise crowd the GUI itself. I am also providing easy shortcuts (Ctrl+Key combination), for quicker access.
Binaries for Windows, Linux, and RPi are available at the following links:
- IECHost multi-threaded GUI client 2.8 for Linux 64-bit (Ubuntu/Debian)
- IECHost multi-threaded GUI client 2.8 for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B (Raspbian)
- GTK+ 2.24.31 runtime installer for Windows (all versions)
- IECHost multi-threaded GUI client 2.8 for Windows XP (Windows XP – requires the above GTK+ runtime)
- IECHost multi-threaded GUI client 2.8 for Windows 7 or later (Windows 7 or later – requires the above GTK+ runtime)
For the time being I shall not update release links on my main website as this release requires a firmware update that might be tricky for those who don’t RTFM 🙂
I will officially publish the update on my main website once I manage to also build the “iechost-utils” package. The latter can also use the new features and is distributed along with an updated firmware, the same as per release 2.8 of the GUI client.
Stay tuned and Happy Easter all!