Today I decided to convert the contents of the ROM chip I had dumped with my EPROM reader to a .CRT file, using VICE’s cartconv tool:
cartconv.exe -r -t normal -i "input.bin" -o "output.crt" -n "C64-Diagnostic-ROM-1"
I then tested the .CRT in VICE, which seemed to work quite well indeed:
There was a bug in my reader for which I was accidentally missing the first byte of the ROM within a dump: the bug is also appearing in the video I had shared. However, such bug has since been fixed and I have been obtaining 100% consistent results while dumping the ROM over and over again, which is great news.
Stay tuned for more!